Monday, September 28, 2009

False Alarm....

So as you know, we are trying to sale our house. We thought our carpets could use a cleaning just in case we were going to get to show our house soon. Plus as extra incentive, Carter got a bloody nose a few nights ago and dripped on the carpet. So on Friday we got our carpets cleaned.
Sunday we got a call from our Realtor saying that we should be expecting a call from another realtor to set up a time to show our house! we were so excited!
So monday we decide to mow the lawn and plan to spend the day cleaning up our house to be ready to show. A few days earlier after our carpets were dried , we noticed the blood spots weren't all the way gone so I called the carpet cleaners again on monday also, to have them come back and try again. They said they would be over at 4:30 to look at it.
So around 1:30 we are at a pizza place eating lunch and get a call from a guy who says " hi , is this Cherish? " I say yes. he says " this is chuck, I was wondering if we could stop by and check out your house?" me: sure what time? " well we are out in River rock right now I was thinking in 20 minutes? " me whispering to Tim : "can we make it??"then say " umm ok we will run home real fast and get it ready " so we pack up our lunch in boxes and rush home.
we pull up and the carpet cleaners are in our driveway too. So we tell them that they will have to come back later because we have some people coming to look at our house right now. We rush in our house and do the best clean job ever in 20 minutes. our house looks perfect and ready to show!! So we drive away to go hang out while it is being shown. I say to Tim " should we call the realtor and let him know we are done and he can go in now" Tim says yeah sure.
so I hit the "recent calls" button on my phone and call the same phone# the guy named chuck called me from. A guy answers the phone " service master carpet cleaning how can I help you?"
me: "oops sorry wrong number" ( did you get it right away? well not me) i look again at my recent calls and think why in the heck ?????........
one second, two seconds......... bing! light goes on in my head.
I look at Tim with a pathetic look and say " no one is coming to look at our house, the guy named Chuck, who called was the carpet cleaner!"
I felt so dumb but the guy just said chuck the first time he called, he didnt say who he was. and we were expecting the realtor to call, and weren't expecting the carpet cleaners until later that day. but aparently he was calling to come over earlier.
DOH!!
we both had a good laugh.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

that's to funny. I hate the stress of having to show your house and always have it clean.

Greg and Meg said...

Oh my goodness that's hilarious! At least your house is clean!

Williams Family said...

That is an awsome story. Way funny but not fun to be rushed to get your house ready. Good luck with selling your house!!!

Sylvia said...

Way to FUNNY you had me laughing:)

A womb for rent said...

LOL!! OH that is too funny and sucks at the same time!!!!

Megan said...

That is hilarious!! I am still laughing. I could totally see myself in that story.

Kartchners said...

LOL. Good stuff..I mean bad stuff. Anyway, funny, but kind of sad. I hope you have had people looking at the house since then. I like your hair my friend. Hopefully we'll see you at Wendy's wedding. :)