Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crazy September. ..

I have alot that I could post about that has happened in the past two weeks. But I really am not in the mood for long explainations so here are some highlights. We were originally planning a trip down to southern Utah to see my family on Sunday the 6th and stay until saturday the 12th. Unfortunately I got the horrific phone call on wednesday the 2nd , telling me that my sister had passed away. so we left on thursday. It was a beautiful funeral but it really sucked(for lack of a better word) to bury my awesome sister!! enough said. sorry that is just my mood today.

We hiked out to Shakespeare arch.Carter absolutely loved hiking around.Haven just liked drawing circles in the dirt.Carter got to ride with grandpa in the tractor to work one day. He thought that was pretty awesome!!

We got alot of cool pictures in my dad's backyard or as Tim calls it. "the oasis" Heidi did our family pictures also and they are so cute. I will post some another time.


Jordan really liked seeing Jaxton and was really cute with him.


It was fun for us to go swimming at the campground at Ruby's Inn, because this is the spot where Tim and I met . we had our first hour long conversation under this overhang. It was nostalgic.




Grandpa helped Carter and Haven each catch a fish. he was keeping the fish until my mom reminded him that we dont eat fish. lol



we celebrated Carter's birthday while we were down there also. We had a dragon treasure hunt.


Pin the tail on the dragon.and instead of a cake he had watermelon to stick the candles in. On the way home we stopped by thanksgiving point in Lehi. That is always a must see for my dinosaur loving kid.

Finally we went to a place called "boondocks" with Tim's family that night. The kids including Tim, had a blast. driving race cars.






The only ride Haven could go on was the bumper boats, but she liked it too.Even Jaxton had a good time. As long as he doesnt have a tummy ache, he is a really good happy baby.

We had a pretty good time and felt blessed that we were able to spend alot of time down in Utah after the rough weekend we all had. We are glad to be back in our own beds and routines though.

5 comments:

Mellisa said...

HOLY COW!! Jaxton is so big!!! Awww! I am bummed we didn't get to see you guys. Looks like it ended up being an okay trip despite the way it had to start!
I miss you!

Megan said...

Cherish,
We are so sorry about your sister. Stay close to your family as they will be your support. Your kids are so cute and your family pictures are awesome. Isn't it amazing how time goes by so fast?

Greg and Meg said...

I'm so glad you're back! I'm so sorry the trip sucked and I hope you are doing alright. These pictures are all great! Your kids are adorable!

April Leydsman Mason said...

It was so good to see you even under the circumstances. You look so good and your kids are even more ADORABLE in real life. Wish we could have had a little more time to catch up but until that day we will just have to keep in touch through blogs and FB

Nathan and Esther said...

it was a beautiful funeral, and you gave an incredible eulogy. those pics are great, and i can't believe how grownup your kids are already!