So for a while now , I have been looking for a good Navajo TAco recipe. we used to have them in Elementary school, and I loved them. Theres was like a pan baked flat bread, I dont know it was just yummy. so I was soo happy when my friend Esther posted a recipe for Navajo TAco Bread . So inbetween Conference sessions today I was making some.
My kitchen was a mess, from all the baking I have been doing in the past few days, so my Dear Husband was cleaning up while I cooked. He went to move some of the clutter around my skillet and some how it got pulled off the counter and splashed hot oil onto my thigh as I was scooting out of the way.
I kinda stood there trying to pull my pants away from my skin kinda in a daze. Tim looked at me and said take that off hurry! Luckily I was wearing a long shirt so that I didnt have to moon my 4 year old son. ;)
I am not going to lie, it hurt pretty dang bad, I just kept putting a cool wash cloth on it. while doing that I remembered that I hadnt showered yet today and needed to before we went over to friends for dinner :( I wasnt looking forward to that.
here it is about an hour after it happened.
I am grateful that Haven was up in her highchair and not at my feet like normal and Carter wasnt in the room when this happened. Just a reminder to be sooo sooo careful when cooking and kids are around.
for those who are curious...........36 hours later huge blister 3 days later . bigger blister



9 comments:
Oh Cher, I'm so sorry. That is rotten. I'm just glad the kiddoes weren't around. Take it easy and hope you get better soon.
Oh my heck can you say OUCH!!!!! That looks like it hurts soooo bad!!!! Thank goodness Haven was up there like you said!! SO how's the navajo tacos turn out hahaha
Cher, I know you're hot, but really!(J/K) You need an aloe vera plant handy. It really helps. I'm glad the blister haven't broken. Hope it heals soon.
That looks terrible. I hope it gets better quick. Nothing hurts like a burn. Thanks again for getting my e-mail to Brooke and Heidi. It's been so much fun to catch up with them.
oh ow! I hope your leg gets feeling better! Sorry I missed your call the other day, If you have any questions about that recipe you can still call me...if it's not too late!
Oooooooh Cher! Looks like a painful nighmare. Thanks for the reminder to be super careful when cooking with kids. It's easy to get lax. Does your clothes rubbing it hurt? Ouch! Poor Tim, I bet he feels just awful too.
That is the worst thing I have seen in awhile. I hope it gets better soon.
Sorry about your leg! I hope it's better soon! I hope Tim doesn't feel too bad, it's so hard when you accidently hurt someone you love. :) Take it easy for the next few days and remember that fried foods aren't healthy ;) haha.
i sure hope your leg is better now!! youch! i'm so sorry about that!!
Post a Comment