Haven's favorite show is Dora the explorer and swiper the fox saying "oh man" so , thus the title of this post, because this one is all about poor Haven.
She was screaming at her brother at the top of her lungs, and I told her if she wants to scream she will have to go to time out on the stairs. she was on the floor crying/screaming and i was holding Jaxton. So I bend down and grab her hand and pull her to a standing position and walk her over to the stairs. * note I did not do this with anger or jerk her up , I just helped her up off the floor. well she continues to cry and cry and comes to me in the kitchen holding her arm by her wrist saying her "awm hurts" ,she wont let me touch it, when she moves it she screams !
I am thinking ok, I know I didn't break her arm, but what the heck??? so I give it a few minutes to see if she is just overacting because she does have an ear infection so that makes her a little more grumpy than normal. but she continues to cry about her arm for about 10 minutes
so I decided to take her to the Urgent care. I was worrying that she had a crack in her bone or torn ligament in her wrist or something and that they were going to think I abuse my child when i tell them that I did it to her by pulling her up off the floor.
Come to find out the Dr. said she probably had radial head sublexation or NurseMaids Elbow. which is a PARTIAL dislocation of the radius bone head from the ligament.
and it is very common for young children to get fairly easily. so that made me feel better.
It was fixed easily. the Dr. just pulled on her arm a little while rotating it up and he felt it pop back in. she instantly felt better and started acting like herself.
so lesson learned and a word to the wise: try not to pull your young children's arms because all it takes is an extension and twist of the arm, to cause alot of pain. if you click on the nursemaidselbow you can read more about it, it is good to be aware of. Had I known that something like that could happen I wouldn't have freaked out worrying that I broke her arm.
(the picture is of Haven dressed up in darth vader cape) she says "mommy, I darf vader , doo doo doo do do doooo" in the tone of imperial march. she loved watching the cape spin. she is so funny.



2 comments:
poor you and poor haven! i'm glad things turned out ok, that can be scary.
That's good to know about the arm thing. Sometimes I pull Kylee up by her arms because I have a big belly to work around. Guess I won't be doing that anymore.
Post a Comment