We made paper bag puppets the other day. We realized we had made all jungle animals,with the exception of Haven's kitty cat, so Carter asked if we could make the living room into a jungle.
I said sure , then told him he had to think of how to do it. He remembered we had some "green stuff" from a birthday party leftover. So as you can see we hung the paper Mache from the ceiling like vines then scattered it on the floor . Then Carter grabbed q-tips and pretended they were blood sucking worms. lol pretty creative i would say. it was easy and fun for the kids.
I saw one of these at a friends house and this is my rendition of it. I bought a 6 foot board from Lowe's. spray painted it light green. Then had my mom's friend Sandy Cricut the vinyl letters and numbers. to make this Grow board. I thought this is a fun way to measure your children's growth over the years, without marking up walls and this can come with you wherever you move.
Carter is 3foot 8 inches and Haven is 2 feet 10 inches.

Today we blessed Jaxton. It is always a neat experience to hear your children get blessings from their father. He wore the same tux outfit we had Carter blessed in.
He looked Very handsome. everyone kept saying how cute of an outfit he had and wondering where I got something like that. I told them all that you can't find outfits like this anywhere but in Utah of course. :) my sister in law who likes to tease about the mormons said, "yeah probably on every corner in Utah". lol
(these last two pics don't have the suit jacket, cuz it was hot today so we took it off right after the blessing)
I LOVE HIS SMILES !! the camera distracts him though so it is hard to get a full one. But baby smiles are the best !right?

I LOVE HIS SMILES !! the camera distracts him though so it is hard to get a full one. But baby smiles are the best !right?



6 comments:
Thanks Cher for the posting. Wish I could have been there. I love the grow with me board. Can't wait to show Sandy. Looks like the Tux fit perfectly.
You are such a good mommy!! First with the puppets, then with the jungle living room and mostly, making Carter think of it. I bet he was SO proud of himself, and you brought that out!!! Love the pictures too! Oh and I don't think Haven is 2 inches taller than Carter ; )
Jaxton has such a cute smile! you are a good mom for letting carter play 'jungle' what a fun idea!
lol good catch Mellisa, I will change it.
How fun Cher. I love your grow board, maybe I'll copy it. Jaxton is so dang cute. Love the smiles. Don't they just melt your heart.
Man, I wish we could have been there! What a cutie pie! Awesome grow board, you did a great job! And the jungle idea is terrific. I'm adding paper sacks to my grocery list...
Post a Comment