As in many families, growing up it was tradition to go thanksgiving day and cut down our Christmas tree. I am excited that we started this tradition up in our own family this year. This is our first year cutting down our own Christmas tree. It was soo much fun. WE went up to a place called Hyalite lake, it wasnt that far of a drive actually just 20 minutes outside of Bozeman.
we drove up the road the whole way up to the lake, scoping out the places we might stop on our way back down for the tree. First we stopped on a hill to
sled, and then again at the top by the lake.
It was such a pretty winter landscape!
Carter loved sledding! he gives it a thumbs up! I did a little crazy stunt myself, however I have no pic of it , cuz I had Tim filming it, and I would hate to show you my bad WRECK! It was fun though, and it gave us all a good laugh when we got home to watch it over and over again. LOL
(Carter and I had to make a snow angel too )
So we then headed back down the road and we stopped to go get a tree, Haven wanted to come too so we zipped her up in Tim's coat.
but as we soon figured out, the trees from the road are deceivingly pretty. When you get up to them you realize they are lop sided or they are actually two trees growing together. two trees make for a really nice looking tree :)
Finally after getting Haven out 2 times we just decided to sit in the car as Tim went off the road to find one.
no actually two, we not only had to try to find one perfect tree, we had to get one for his brother too! Tim did a great job and found the two best trees in the forest! :)
Here is the beautiful sunset on the way heading home!!!
Here is the finished product. I say "real" christmas trees have Character, this one really does!
So back to the title of Traditions, I would like to know what some of your Christmas traditions were growing up, or that you do now that are your favorite!



3 comments:
What a pretty tree! We had a similar tradition, My dad would go get a tree and then we would put it up after thanksgiving. We would also do the 12 days of christmas. That was so much fun.
I'm glad you got to go. Beautiful with the snow. Nice tree! Growing up we always oprened all our gifts Christmas Eve. As a kid, it was awesome. I don't think I'll continue it though.
So much fun!! I love the snow pictures!! Our tradition is to always get to open a present Christmas Eve and it was ALWAYS pajamas. I love a new pair of pjs
Post a Comment