Monday, September 26, 2011

Carter turns 8

I am not sure what Happened I went to post this and it had no words just pictures that took 1 hour to upload! ahhh. So this will be short because I am getting a migrane looking at the computer so long today.
Completely out of order. After Carters Baptism we went up to Bryce Canyon to show Tim's family. Then went swimming at Ruby's, as you can tell by Haven's swim suit.
Carter has developed the inability to smile on demand, it just looks painful now.
But that is a boy that has the Gift of the HOly Ghost just fresh... so He looks amazing to me even with the distracted eyes and smile.





Baptism and Confirmation was done by Tim. Its amazing how when its your first child getting baptized, baptism takes on a whole new meaning. It's not just another thing mormons do, it's the first step on the road to an eternal family! We talked with Carter the past year and tried to prepare him and I made a scrapbook to help him remeber the feelings he had this day to help build his testimony. I asked him if he wanted to be baptized, never told him he had to.






















Turning 8 also means Scouts! Carter wanted nothing to do with scouts but now that he has gone a few times he really enjoys it and looks forward to it. HIs second time going he got to make 'rockets'. They were using an air compressor to get them to go high, and taped rocks to the outside to make them come down better I guess. (p.s. this was done under several adults supervision) So I pull up to the school parking lot to watch Carters rocket and one kids rocket landed with a huge thunk right next to my van, so I decided to move to the side out of range. Well one of the teachers in the school unaware that rockets were falling like asteroids in the parking lot truck was there and sure enough my sons rocket hit the window of that truck!

It wasn't Carters fault but still I was embarrased for some reason.


0 comments: