Monday, October 11, 2010

thoughts

A couple of my friends are going through some very trying times right now. Both of them have shown great faith and courage in face of their trials. They both have listed things they are grateful for, rather than focusing on the bad. I am inspiried by their strength and want to list some of the things I am grateful for reguardless of current wave of trials. I think we all need to be grateful all the time, but I am very impressed by my friends who thought to do it when it may be hardest to do so. I am not bragging or patting myself on the back. Just trying to be grateful.

I am grateful for being raised by a loving family who don't strive on drama. Are they perfect..no. But My parents and siblings all love me and for that I am grateful!

I am grateful for being "lucky" enough to have married the man I did. Based on the way I was acting at the time and some of the guys I was dating at the time, I didn't deserve to find him. It was no luck that we met, but I feel lucky to have met him.
we really have become unified over the past 9 years, to the point where it is hard for us to be apart for even one day.

I am grateful for healthy children and the ability to bear them. That is not to say that I didn't get a life threatening blood clot and have to be on blood thinners for the remaining pregnancies but there again makes me grateful for medical advances that allowed me to have more than one kid despite the risk of blood clots. Even though all 3 of my children have my blood condition that causes their spleens to be enlarged and thus need to be removed at an early age, there are so many worse things they could have. This condition does not prevent them from living a "normal" life. There again grateful for medical advances that allow this condition to not turn fatal.

I am grateful for a full functioning body. (although I don't always show it, with my lack of exercise) I am grateful I can run, and see beautiful things, and smell wonderful things, and taste amazing food. I see people in wheel chairs that are paralyzed or people born without fingers and toes or other limbs ..etc and am so grateful I know what it is like to run my fingers through my childrens hair or hold my husbands hand.

I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the many things I have learned and been able to apply in my life for the better as of the past 4 years and especially the past year.

I am grateful for GOOD friends. Ones who care about me and show me that they do. You know who you are.

The list goes on but I have to stop because one of my little ones is having a rough time falling asleep.

so Good night :)

Oh and I am soooo grateful I invested in a nice matress, because I LOVE my bed! :)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing Cherish. There are truly so many things to be grateful for, if we look for them. Can't wait to see ya on Sat.

Brian and Megan said...

That makes me cry! I feel the same way. There is so much to be grateful for. You have been through a lot yourself this last while and you are such a good example to me to be saying all this now.

gay said...

I'm grateful for you and yours.

Shauna said...

Great post. We all forget how much we really have to be grateful for. It seems one could go on and on about how bad everything is, and they are just missing the blessings we really do have.

Shauna said...

Great post. We all forget how much we really have to be grateful for. It seems one could go on and on about how bad everything is, and they are just missing the blessings we really do have.

chip and bex said...

I loved this post cherish! Thanks for sharing. It's good to remember to focus on what we have! It makes such a difference. thanks for reminding me to do so!