So since Carter's birthday party was Saturday and his actual Birthday on Sunday, he didn't get a chance to use his new fishing pole that Grandpa and Grandma bought for him. We decided to play hookie and take a "family day" and go somewhere we have never been and go fishing! It was fun. Here are some highlights.
Tim caught a really pretty rainbow trout on Carters "lucky pole"
Jaxton wasn't feeling well and was kind of bored so I made a game up for him that Haven joined in and enjoyed too. I propped a piece of wood on a rock and rolled rocks down it, while making car noises. They loved it. Jaxton laughed every time. I still am able to think of entertaining things, I have not been completely handicapped by tv and computer...yet.

The place we went is called Ruby Reservoir. Because there are a whole bunch of Rubies there and the nearby town boomed..until they realized they were Garnets, now the town is a tourist ghost town. lol So Tim and Carter are trying to find some "rubies" in this picture.

While we were cooking some hot dogs Carter asked if he could cast out his own line and we said yeah sure go ahead. Next thing we know Carter is reeling in a fish. He was so proud, and we were surprised that he caught a fish completely on his own with his "lucky blue Shakespeare pole". It is kind of small and blends into the rocks. You can see me in the background, holding Jaxton and trying to get our dog to fetch a stick so he would stop trying to eat the fish. Stupid dog. lol j/k

Haven was catching all kinds of fish for us. Sweedish fish, "bockoli" sparkly fish, and in this picture she is saying "wainbow" fish. !


.
1 comments:
how fun! I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting!
Post a Comment