Thursday, September 16, 2010

there is no charge for awesomeness.....or attractiveness

So for doing so well as a store in whole Tim's boss took everyone and their spouses out to a nice dinner. Rib and Chop house in LIvingston. Tim's brother and his family watched our kids. So we were dressed up and ready to go eat some yummy food at someone else's expense!
So there we are sitting waiting for our food and we hear a scream coming from the lady at the table behind us saying " ahhh there's a spider on my arm" The guy sitting with her said what? where?!!! I looked on the ground and sure enough there was a pretty big spider scrambling around. So me being the awesome person I am ( and not wanting it to climb up on me, because it was no innocent daddy long leg, definately a hobo poison bite, swell up huge, possible amputation, kind of spider) (: Decided to stand up turn around and step on the little buggar.
YUP that's me, stepping on a spider for a stranger in a nice restraunt in front of all Tim's co workers and boss. ( actually no one at our table really paid any attention)
I looked at the lady and said "got it" and sat down. She looked at me and said " Thank YOU! so much you rock! " And sealed it with a knuckle bump! :) She asked me how I saw it, being that a) she was probably drunk b) the lights were dim c) and the carpet was black and brown, it would be hard to see. But I said " well I saw it running" ....and thought to myself carpet usually doesnt run unless you are drunk all the time.
It was pretty funny. HOpe you enjoyed the true story :)

4 comments:

Mellisa said...

You are awesome, even though you're a SPIDER killer :o)

April Leydsman Mason said...

hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I'm still laughing.

gay said...

Jordan will be forever grateful. One less Hobo spider in the world. That is a great story. Cherish the spider killer rescued a lady? in distress. What did Tim think?

Nathan and Esther said...

way to go! you are my hero also! i'm super super impressed. They should have given you a free dessert for saving their restaurant!