I always felt our house we bought in October 2008 looked like a big box. Nothing really cute about it. But it has a great back yard and a lot of aspects we were looking for. We knew we would be able to change some things we didn't like about it. So we started today , to give our house face some more character we decided to paint the shutters and stain the porch.
Before.............
Front porch after.... We started to paint the shutters with a brush and roller.... but decided it didn't look so good. The super paint you have to use for outdoors is very thick and sticky.. and therefore doesn't dry very well or spread evenly. We were going to spray them with our paint sprayer but couldn't figure out how to get the shutters off the house......
.....but decided to spray them while on the house anyways. It is so much easier and looks 100 X's better. after all Tim painted for his job for about 3 years.
p.s. when I say we I mean Tim cuz he did most the work. I only helped stain the deck a little.
this is one step of many, but it's a start. I hesitate to do too much to this house because it is not our forever house. but I am willing to do small inexpensive things to it that will help us resale it in a few years and give it more appeal to the buyer.



8 comments:
What a difference a little paint can make huh? Looks really really good.
It looks great Cherish. Tell Tim great job. I like the blue color, it really makes it stand out.
Your Dad will love the blue shutters! The porch looks really nice too. It makes a lot of difference.
I really like it! You guys did a great job.
Love it!!!!
Love it! I love how little things can make such a huge difference! Your mom says you're getting started soon! She's so excited to come see you! Can't wait to see pics of that cute babe!
A little goes a long way!! I love the new look. I anxiously waiting to hear you have had your baby!
Post a Comment