Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Glad to be almost done.

Ah, the interesting world of pregnancy. You feel like a big, stone, fat belly budah :)
am I complaining in this post?....... maybe a little, but we all know we are grateful for the ability to carry children when we can, but that doesn't mean we feel wonderful for 9 months. Here is your chance if you want to vent about your pregnancy woes also in my comments, it would actually make me feel better probably :)


Something it took me 3 pregnancies to catch on to is that because I have to do blood thinner shots during my pregnancies, any teeny tiny scratch or burn I get takes FOREVER to heal and does not scar very well. I will get some tiny little scratch from something and it will be there for 2 weeks and it will leave a stupid scar. this picture is of a burn I got, it wasn't a bad burn I dont even remember getting it!

I have heard some doctors say "pregnancy can be the cause of almost anything" any weird ailment you have can come from pregnancy. for example every time I get pregnant these little red dots show up on my arms. they usually all go away after I am no longer pregnant except I have one that remains from my first time. I asked one doc about them they said they are nicknamed "spider bites" and said they are of no concern. This time I have about 6 on my arms and 3-4 on my neck and chest. soo weird.

anyone else get a herniated belly button.?? not just one that pokes out cuz of the pressure but one that has a painful hernia beneath it? If you look close at mine you can see my belly button and then to the left (looking at the pictuer as it is)of it you see a separate bump from underneath my skin, that is a hernia, and anytime it gets bumped it just doesn't feel right. like a place on your body that doesn't get touched much and it shouldn't get touched with anything is suddenly exposed. lol



One nice thing about this pregnancy that differs from my other two is I haven't puked one time except for the stomach flu. Not that I haven't felt like puking in the beginning but I have fought the actual puking part. I do get some very nasty stretch marks on my belly that can only go away with surgery some day I hate them very very much, but to make myself feel a bit better I am grateful I don't get vericose veins.
I dont get any weird out of the normal food cravings, however I do allow myself alot more junk food than when I am not pregnant, which isn't a good thing.
I think everyone feels sore backs and sore bone feelings when you are near the end. and the inability to sleep? because of one reason or another...ie ..having to pee all night, or bad circulation or just not being able to sleep in your normal position etc. right?
like I said please share your stories of weird things you get when you are pregnant .



9 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

It's fun being pregnant, but there are definite disadvantages (of course being able to hold a little baby makes them all worth it!) I get bad heart burn. I never had heart burn before my first pregnancy so I didn't know what it was until about a month of having it...tums are my best friend now. This pregnancy early on I actually craved root beer a lot, but other than that I don't get wierd cravings either. My last pregnancy I got water blisters in between my fingers and toes, they itch so bad and i have no idea how I got them and have never had them since.

April Leydsman Mason said...

Why do we forget all these things that happend during pregnancy? Probably so we will have more babies right? I also got major heartburn during pregnancy. It would wake me up in the middle of the night. As if I wasn't awake enough going to the bathroom. Oh and how about the swollen feet and ankles which become cankles or shrek feet as I always called them. I looked ridiculous. Oh and the pillows I used to sleep with in between my legs because if I didn't my hips would ache like crazy. Oh Cherish... the list goes on and on and on. One thing is for sure.... Men could NEVER have babies. At least my husband couldn't. He would never survive.
Don't worry..... you are so close to being done you can taste it and then in a few years you will forget about all of this and be ready for another one right?

Sylvia said...

I'm right there with you on a couple of things I get those weird red bumps on my legs they are so ugly, And as for the stupid hernia mine is not my belly button but I have one on my lower tummy that they said they will have to acutally take care of after I have the baby and they hurt when anything touches them for sure... I also get the worst headaches and they are everyday all day for 9 months. Good thing we forget all of this and it is so worth it in the end or I dont think anybody would do it more than once. Good Luck with everything keep us posted your so close to being done...

The Prettymans said...

Where do I even start? No, pregnancy isn't really that bad for me. The worst thing for me is that I have one spot on my back that aches and aches. I even have Larry pound on my back (literally) to make it quit. Usually it works, but not for long enough. I also have these weird dizzy/sick spells at the same time every morning once I am about 6 1/2 months along. They stay for about a month or so and then go away, but they are pretty scary and I don't dare leave the house before that time of day. I'm so grateful we can forget enough of the not so fun things because snuggling with a tiny baby is so perfect! P.S. I love your family picture at the top of your blog! And Christy said to tell you she'd love to take your picts if you ever get down to UT!

Janice Twitchell said...

Oh Cherish, you poor thing! Pregnancy is definitely a challenge and there are so many things that are so not fun, but like everone above has said, the tiny baby at the end is so worth it! I didn't have too much my first time besides the usual. pee every 2 minutes, can't sleep, charley horses when you stretch your legs, and just sick of being fat and hot!! This time I've had horrible back pain, like two pinched nerves down in my lower back. And I've been SO hot already, this summer might kill me! I know my hubby has had to put up with my moodiness too. Good thing he just bites his tongue! I wish I was as close as you are! I've never gotten the outie belly button before, mine just becomes non-existent (literally) there is no belly button there! Hang in there hun and keep us updated because you are so close and just keep thinking about that tiny baby you will have in your arms in a matter a weeks!!

kelly said...

You COmplaining? Hardly! Remember my posts during Luke? A monthly update which really translated into a complete whining and complaining session. If it makes you feel better I think i take the cake in being most ungrateful category.
Those red bumps you get are weird. never heard of that. So many things to dislike about pregnancy, but like you said, Im grateful I can.

Brian and Megan said...

So I feel for you. I had forgotten all those crazy pregnancy things! I was just talking to Brian the other night about when is a good time to try for #2 and all I could remember was mostly the day Gavin was born. Being a mom is awesome but so hard. It is a sacrifice but so worth it in the end. I thnk my belly button does the same thing as yours. It hurt so bad. Hang in there I am so excited for you to get that little one out!!

Janice Twitchell said...

thanks for the compliments on the tag rags! I am major sewing challenged too! that's why I only choose to do the easiest of things when it comes to sewing. You could totally make these, all you have to do is have a square piece of cloth, (doesn't have to be square though) a ton of pins, and some leftover ribbon. Cut the ribbon into random sizes, fold them over and then place them in between the two pieces of cloth and pin! Then if you're me, I sew right over the pins and take them out later. It's easier that way. :o) Good luck! I know you can do it!

The Prettymans said...

Thanks for the diaper coupon. I have used that one once too, but I'm thinking I'll start another account in my mom's name or something :) Check out this blog for the secret on grocery savings: www.sheshopssmart.blogspot.com She uses 'grocery smarts' and has saved tons of money...I'm starting to get the hang of it more now too. Hope that helps...you'll be addicted to saving $ in no time!