April 5th marks the anniversary of SO many things, quite a few of which are not good things.
Let's start with the good. It is my dad and my mom's dad's birthdays! That is probably the only good thing actually.
The next is only an approximate date since I can't remember exactly because it was all crazy. We moved to Montana in the first week of April 4 years ago. not so sure that was a good thing or not but it seemed to be at the time. lol
April 5
th is usually
LDS General Conference weekend also. Last year in between conference sessions on Sunday it was technically
April 6
th but it still reminds me of last year when this happened to my leg........ You can click
here for that full story that I posted about last year.
Starting 9 years ago we had a kind of joke that my dad's birthday was bad luck. it seemed to be starting a trend that every year on his birthday he or I would get hurt, pretty seriously. Luckily it only lasted two years, but I still get a little worried when it comes up.
so it has been 9 years since I fell in a hydraulic lifter 40 feet to the gym floor while decorating for my Jr. Prom and broke over 10 bones all over my body. The most serious accident of my life. we believe that I had a miraculous full recovery, (although i do experience memory loss that I attribute to this accident)Even though I missed my Jr. prom. which in my little town is a HUGE deal! It was the experience that opened the door for alot of spiritual growth and beginning of a real testimony of the Church. so in the end it wasn't all bad.
I spent 3 nights in the ICU and was released after I think 7 days in the hospital. a list of my injuries go something like this: huge crack in skull.. which lead to a blood clot that pushed on my brain and had to be removed, thus the huge scar on my head. some broken facial bones but nothing major. cracked collar bone. Spine broken in 3 places. two broken wrists. two bones in one and one bone on the other. broken Knee, and fractured bone on the top of my foot.

This is just a picture of a computer printed picture, but you get the gist of it. we used to joke that I looked like chucky in the movie bride of chucky because he has been torn to pieces and stapled his hair back onto his head. LOL
So April 5th 2001 was officially my dad's worst birthday ever, he says! Even though the next year in 2002 he fell off of a ladder in the garage and broke his back! And that is why we tell each other to be safe on his birthday.
12 comments:
Cherish I still can't believe that you made it through all of the trials that came from your accident. It is good to see you doing so well and having kids and everything!!!
I still remember that day way to well probably the scariest thing I have ever watched in my LIFE... Hopefully you and your Dad have no more BAD luck in April I think yours was bad enough to last a life time....
I'm so glad we got through this year without another accident. I still can't believe you've recovered as well as you have from your fall.
Wow! How scary!
I totally remember when you fell. That was so scary. This is so random but you look so much like Tenille in that last picture? I almost thought it was her instead of you.
I'm glad you and your dad have both survived another year with no major things happening. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the up coming year as well.
I remember that day, I cant believe it has been 9 years, crazy how time flies! It was so scary, so happy that you made it through it okay!
Holy Cow! I think I've heard that story but I forgot it was you! I'm so glad you're okay!! Such a trial to go through, your recovery was fast! I'm glad nothing happened this year.
Can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! Jealous! And yes, I did do my sister's hair. I had so much fun with it!
Hopefully next year nothing happens either!
I can't believe it's been that long. That was definetely the scariest thing i've ever seen. I'm really glad you made it through it alright. Those pictures are just awful! I remember when your dad fell off the ladder...what a year for you guys! I'm glad nothing bad has happened this year.
it's interesting to hear that story of your fall now that I can appreciate it - how awful!
so i'm glad april 5th passed with no serious injury! or so we hope... you haven't posted since then! j/k. your pregnant picture is so cute! i love your belly! it's much cuter than your chucky pic. I'm glad you survived! You've been a blessing in my life!
Oh Cherish. It still makes me sick to my stomach:( It was awefull to witness, and so much worse for you. Yes you were suppose to be here to raise those cute kids. April is almost over!
What a blessing that you healed from that so well. I can't believe the haircut they had to give you. That was a really big incision.
Post a Comment