All about Baby
Since I have had 3 pregnancies I will tell you in short about each.
1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? With my first I was at work. Second and Third were at home.
2. Who was with you? First I was with a few close co-workers, second and third I was alone.
3. How did you find out that you were pregnant? Home pregnancy tests
.4. What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? First, I was embarrassed for some reason, but excited. Second was like oh cool. Third was like oh Crap!!
5. Who was the first person you told? First:My coworkers/friends were all dying to know, but then I wrote a letter to Tim from our baby and gave it to him that night. Second I called Tim first. Third I was on the phone with Tim when i looked at the test and I started crying saying oh no oh no, he was worried, he thought someone had died.
6. Did you plan to get pregnant? First time we weren't preventing but not trying, second yes, third NO!
7. Did you tell everyone else right away? First we waited about 2-4 weeks. Second I told my close friends then waited a month to tell family. Third it got out pretty quickly.
8. Was everybody happy for you? First, Yes, Second some people were worried about me getting blood clots again didn't think it was a good idea, third yes.
9. Did you go out and celebrate? I don't think we ever did with any of them.
10. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes! I have to so I can prepare all the clothes and blankets etc..
11. What was the sex? Boy first girl second and we don't know yet on this 3rd.
12. Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes, one with each Carter and Haven since they were going to need different things. This time I don't really need anything new.
13. If yes, who? First it was my MIL and SIL, then it was my friend and other SIL.
14. Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you knew you would just not put on your baby? Yes. Sorry but there is no point in you wasting your money on something I wont put my kid in, so I exchange it for something that will get used, that way the money isn't wasted. Sorry but people have different style preferences. But no one on this blog gave me anything ugly anyways. lol
5. How much weight did you gain? Well with my first I gained like 15 lbs but I was overweight to begin with. My second I only gained 10, it just doesn't matter what I do that is how much i gain.
16. Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? With my first I never did lose all of it, but with my second pregnancy I lost it plus some more, so eventually in the end Yes and then some.
17. Did you get a lot of stretch marks? I got a ton of them. My torso is just to little to hold a baby in so it pokes out and makes a mine field full of stretches. I only got 3 new ones with my second baby though cuz she was positioned on the other side I guess. But hey a tummy tuck will get rid of all but one of my stretch marks on my belly so I am not too worried :)
18. What did you crave the most? With the first I craved RUMBI , it is chicken and rice and veggies, i loved the healthier stuff with my first. With my second, I loved bagels and cream cheese. This one nothing new so far.
19. Did you crave anything crazy? Not really crazy, I always like pickles and sour stuff so it wasn't too out of the ordinary to want those things. But after having my first one, I craved root beer and little Cesar's pizza, me and my friend ate that like once a week it was awesome!
20. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Doing blood thinner shots get on my nerves the most. next I have to agree with others who have done this survey that you just shouldn't touch peoples belly, it is rude!! It seems that all stupid people get on my nerves with this pregnancy, I have low tolerance for idiots! lol
21. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes Blood clot with my first which is why I have to do blood thinner shots will all my pregnancies.
22. Where were you when you went into labor? I have to get induced so I am always in the hospital. when you are on blood thinners you have to have a controlled labor.
23. Did your water break? Never on its own. Always by the doctor and that just sucks.
24. Who drove you to the hospital? Always my husband
25. Did you go early or late? 10 days early with my first, 3 days early with my second.
26. Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Doc, nurses and My husband. I agree with Janice, the less people the better. I'm pretty private in that area.
27. How long were you in labor for? From the beginning of contractions till Carter came out was.13 hours. With Haven it was like 8 or so. Pitocin (the stuff that induces labor) really slows my progress down so it is a long way from 1 to 10 for me.
28. Did you have any drugs for the pain? Heck yes, i get to a 5 and I am spent, I have to have an epidural. to do something with pain when you don't have to is just crazy to me. Having labor almost pain free is the way to go.
29. Did you go natural or have a c-section? natural.
30. What was your first reaction after giving birth? Woah He is real. this is crazy . Second I was worried cuz she was purple when she came out.!
31. How big was the baby? Carter 6 lbs. 15oz. and Haven was 6lbs 13 oz.
32. Did your husband cry? No but he almost passed out when they gave me the epidural. lol
33. What did you name the baby? Carter James Willyerd, Haven Cherish Willyerd.
34. Does her name have any significant meaning? Yes,and no. Carter James just sounded good and it just so happened that James was Tims dads name. but he was NOT named after him. Haven obviously has my name as her middle name.
35.Did you have any visitors? Unfortunately I had some waiting to come in within minutes of Carters birth and it really got on my nerves, so I made sure that didn't happen with Haven. Just my mom and Carter were there.
36. did the baby have any complications? Carters heart rate was going down from my labor being soo long and non progressive, they said if you aren't at a 10 then we will do a c-section. luckily I was at a 10. Haven's heart rate was dropping drastically as well , they figure it was because her umbilical cord was short so every time she tried to drop down it got too tight and that is why her heart rate dropped. She had to be vacuumed out really fast and like I said she was purple when she came out it was SO scary. but she finally pinked up and was OK. no permanent damages done.
37. How old is your baby today? Carter is 5 years old and Haven is 18 months old on Sunday!
38. When is the next one coming? Middle of June will probably be my last baby. financially and mentally I don't think I can handle any more than 3.
39. If you could, would you do it all over again? would I do it over so I could have my kids yes, would I do it three additional times HECK NO! I hate being pregnant, I feel sick and miserable and the blood thinner shots hurt and ruin everything for me! the only cool thing about being pregnant for me is feeling the baby move, but even that becomes bothersome when you are all huge and uncomfortable.
40. Tag five people: anyone who would like to do this tag, It's kinda fun to reminisce.
LAMDA Fight Night & SM1 Design Exhibition
11 years ago



1 comments:
haha! I guess I am a little sadistic when it comes to pain. I guess I am a masochist. I have a really high tolerance for pain. Early on in my pregnancy, I decided I wanted to see what all the older ladies (mainly my mom) were talking about when they said, "You don't know what pain is, I gave birth!!" And since it was usually "natural" I wanted to be able to say that I did it to. Believe me there was one part where I got stuck at a 7 1/2 and couldn't get any further. I got started too, and the contractions were basically unbearable. I reached my breaking point and said, that's enough, I need drugs! The nurse knew I had wanted to go all natural and suggested that before the epidural just try some pain meds to see if it relaxes me. I said okay and it worked! I got to a 10 and by then it was too late to get one. And in all reality the contractions are by far much worse than the actual birth part. You're so numb you can't feel a thing.....until you rip, then that hurts! After I gave birth I started screaming from pain (worse than labor and birth), they didn't know what was wrong with me, after about a 1/2 hour which seemed like eternity my nurse said she thought I had a hematoma. My doc, checked me out and confirmed it. He said he would pack me and check me in an hour. If I hadn't stopped bleeding, we would have to do emergency surgery because I would bleed to death. I recieved a blessing and an hour later, my bleeding had dramatically decreased. Amazing! After than I don't hardly remember my hospital stay because I was on so many drugs for pain, swelling, and I was severly anemic. They said I was saying some pretty funny stuff! I couldn't sit for 2 months without crying but all in all, it was so worth it to have my little Cambri. I am considering taking an epidural next time, but at the same time not. They said if I would have had one, I wouldn't have been screaming from pain which means they wouldn't have known and probably would have bled out and died. So an epidural sorta scares me now too. I hope that makes sense. Sorry this is so long!! It really is kinda cool how things work out.
Post a Comment