I need some help deciding wether or not to move over
to Bozeman, which is where Tim works.
Reasons to stay in Livingston
- Carter just got into headstart preschool. there is one in bozeman but we would have to get on the wait list which could take 1 day or 3 months to get into.
- our rent is cheap.. however when our heater turns on it blows smoke smell thick into out house because of our neighbor in the other side of the duplex!! and we have so many hobo spiders that is really freaks me out, seriously we catch 10 a week.
- I do have 2 friends that live in or around Livingston. I am sure they would still visit me in bozeman but I am not sure how much.
- Tim is on the city league basketball team here. but there is a church basketball season that they play at the stake center in bozeman too. basketball is extremely important to Tim, it is his release and is good exercise for him. driving over here 2 times a week for games would kinda defeat the purpose of moving.
- livingston does have a nice park, it is huge . but bozeman has parks too, just not as huge and right by the yellowstone river.
Reasons to move to Bozeman (bozeman is 30 miles away from livingston, about a 25 min. drive,.... in nice weather)
- Tim would not have to commute to and from work.... which the commute can get scary in the winter sometimes. plus it costs gas money. The rent is more expensive over there, but the money we are spending in gas could go toward more rent so it would equal out.
- Bozeman has a "mall" a small one but it has one. it is a bigger city so it has more conveniences like wal-mart and a Childrens museum.
- get away from livingston ward drama, seriously our church up here has way too much drama, alot of old people set in their ways. bozeman has a college ward and younger families.
- Tim could come home for lunch which saves money and allows me to see him more, cuz he works alot of hours!!
- more things to do with the kids: museums, gymnastics,swimming pool indoors, splash park, bozeman beach.
- I would be a half hour closer to you all in Utah :) ha ha ha
- I do want to move to Bozeman but I dont want to make a bad decision.



3 comments:
Pray, Pray and Pray some more. I think if it was us we would move, just so I wouldn't worry about weather and driving conditions all the time, and so we could be together more as a family. The way I look at commuting, is that it is taking away an hour that you could be spending as a family/help from hubby. Staying there could have benefits also like keeping Carter in school is a huge benefit, but I wouldn't let that control your decision. Kids are resiliant. Good luck with the decision making process.
Pray and decide together what will be best for your family. Winter driving makes me nervous. You know me. See about getting Carter into preschool now. You and Tim will know what to do. Let the Spirit guide
Ugh! I hate decisions like that! Isn't it stomach turning? Good advice from the gals. Trust your gut. If you're leaning one way a bit don't fight it. I'm more of a city girl and all about more things for kids. Friends are very important to have, so maybe you could find more/better (oh that sounds bad) friends in Boz. GOod luck.
Post a Comment