Monday, April 19, 2010

Trip to Utah and Carters Surgery

Our 10 day trip to Utah was fun and exhausting. Here are a few highlights.

First we had Carters check up with the surgeon and later that night we went to Tim's nieces b-day party at the bowling alley.




The next day we went to the zoo. We packed this stroller in our van, which wasn't easy, and our kids ended up not even using it after this picture. They were both insistent on being carried and acting like the stroller was the plague. ugh won't be doing that again.



Then came Surgery day. I knew Carter would be fine. I had a good feeling about it the whole time, ever since I heard we got approval from our insurance to go out of state to Primary Children's. why did he have to have surgery? basically: we have a blood condition that causes the spleen to get enlarged and therefore needs to be removed because it pushes on other organs in the abdomen and also munches a lot of our red blood cells. Also this blood condition can cause gallstones , so with a check of an ultrasound the Dr. decided he needed his Gallbladder out also.) Surgery went well and recovery was great.





The only complaint I would have about his experience was he was getting very dizzy off the morphine and didn't tell us. we just thought his incisions were hurting him and that is why he wasn't moving, but really he was spinning so bad he didn't dare to move finally after day two he was coming off and was able to tell us. once we stopped the morphine he recovered quickly.

Popsicles really are the best part of being in a hospital right? Primary Children's really is the best place to get your child's surgery. They have so many things for kids , that it almost gets annoying how they come in to your room several times a day to make sure your kids is not bored and offer to bring them toys or video games etc.. They even had a very good dog that loves to have the children pet it.
We were so tired from the hospital stay, we were so glad to be going to my Mom and Dad's house for some R&R.

I was also able to spend a few days with my niece Jasmine and nephew Jordan, which was so great and I really needed it. I worry so much about them and being with them makes me feel close to my sister.



Then we went on down to Sand hollow to see the rest of my family. we were all there so I guess you could call it a family reunion.

Jasmine posing in the sunset for me.



Jaxton and Solayna (my brother Brooke's daughter) playing in the sand. She ate some of the sand and she loved playing in it. Jaxton didn't like any bare skin to touch the sand lol.



Tim and my brothers and Carter and Nephews caught some lizards including a horned toad lizard. We took 2 fence lizards and the horned toad home with us, and set them up in a cage. They are thriving well. I will not touch the things cuz that is gross, but they are interesting to watch. Especially the horned toad, when we feed him he wags his tail like a dog, it's so funny!!








Haven even caught a caterpillar.





We did our Easter egg hunt down there also in t he bushes.
I don't know why Haven gives these grumpy looks sometimes.





We had a good time and it was great to see my family.


1 comments:

Mellisa said...

I'm glad to see you are blogging again!! I love seeing pictures of your cute family and getting visuals of what you are up to. I love the video of Jaxton, too stinkin cute!