About a year ago I wrote in my journal all the things I want to be for my kids and myself and husband, things like... a good cook, an wise mom, a friend, trustwothrthy to my kids, in shape, kind, a good example,crafty,smart, have lots of gospel knowledge, fun, creative.. etc etc etc..... my list went on for TWO pages! It sounds rediculous I know, but really it is how I feel every day, that gives you a small look into my stressed out brain.
I feel so unorganized but too lazy to do anything about it, that about sums it up.
I heard this poem once and thought it was good, now to really adopt this way of thinking is another thing.
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final goodbye.
*By Bob Perks
*By Bob Perks



4 comments:
You have done many creative things with your kids like turning your living room into a jungle for carter to play with his jungle toys (i think it may have been puppets, I just remember thinking how creative you were and how for one I would never think of that and two, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to do it). Your knoweledge in the gospel has answered MANY of my questions, and you are helping Shauna through a rough time with it too. You are a beautiful person inside AND out. I wish you could see yourself how others see you. You might realize that you already are your want to be's!!!
Cherish I'm sure you are a good mom. That poem was awesome thanks for sharing.
Cher, you do so many great things and are a fantastic mom. Don't get discouraged, if only it were so easy, huh.
Cherish you are one of the most loving and creative people I know!!! You radiate happiness and are such a strength to your family. :)
Post a Comment