Saturday, December 10, 2011

knock knock...

is anybody there? probably not, but I will post anyways, since it has been 2 months!
I just can't handle how slow the internet at my moms house is, but hey it is free for us so I guess I can't complain...but I do. :)
Tim and I are still working at Ruby's Inn. It is so slow it is such a bore! But it gives me some free time to read some books and Ensign articles I have been meaning to catch up on. Nothing exciting ever really happens there. You occasionally get a grumpy person, and I tell them how it is in the nicest way possible just to piss them off more. It's funny how cheap people are when they are rich, but anyways, nothing exciting.
We are loving the fact that it has been a mild winter so far and in fact a few nice days where we can actually go outside and enjoy the sun!
Our kids are doing well. Some days they still say they wish they lived in Montana, because they aren't happy with something. Usually a punishment or something isn't going the way they want. But they are adjusting. Carter loves school. Which is a 180 from last year, he hated school in MT.
I think once we have been in Utah for a few years it will start becoming home to them too.
We are on the right track to where we want to be in the future but still have a way to go. We still need to start a carpet cleaning buisness and sale our house in Montana!
I miss big city conveniences but am learning some important lessons about being more prepared and self sufficient.

4 comments:

Mellisa said...

YAY!!! I love your posts. Quiet time to read and get paid for it sounds FABULOUS to me ;) I'm glad we got to come out there this summer, it was fun.

Traci said...

I misssssss YOU!!!!!!

Sheral Wilson said...

I'm kind of jealous of the slower pace of southern Utah! :) Sometimes!

chip and bex said...

that's so funny how your kids miss MT when they get a punishment or something! i'd love to come out and see you sometime! maybe i can plan my next ut trip to when you are heading "into town". hope you guys are doing well.